Wednesday 31 October 2012

Hi guys:)

Happy Halloween!

So today I am going to be doing......

Drugstore makeup vs. highend makeup.So I find these kind of things really interesting to read so I thought I would do one myself:)
So basically its kind of self explanatory but I will be comparing to similar sorts of products one high end and one drugstore and telling you my thoughts on them and which one I prefer.

I will be reviewing highlighting/under eye concealer.




So For my high end product I have chosen the.......

The benifit "ooh la lift"
This is an "under-eye de-puffer" and can also be used as a highlighter but it feels a bit too sticky to use it as that to be honest.

I really like this product but you do need a fair bit to get good results.
Although saying that I have used this for ages now and it has lasted me ages!
 If you have dark circles under your eyes and have trouble covering them up I would defiantly recommend trying it out!:)
It really brightens the under eyes and dark circles, and instantly makes you look more awake.

This is kind of strange also but I really like the packaging it is a great size as it is big enough to hold a decent amount of product but them not too big so I can travel/carry it and top it up on the go.

This product is £16.50 on the benefit website.
I must admit that is a little pricy for what it is but so are all benefit products really.

http://www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk/product/view/ooh-la-lift



So my Drugstore version is the l'oreal paris touche magique.
(I believe this is actually a dupe for the Touche eclat .)


I absolutely love this!!
Again it is a great size,it does a great job of covering up any dark circles and can be used on any other areas of the face too!
I find this one lasts even longer than the benefit one also!

It has a bit more of a thicker consistency to the ooh la lift one, the benefit one is a little thinner and more watery but they both are very creamy and easy to work with.
 This one is also a lot lot cheaper as it sells for £8.19



http://www.superdrug.com/face/loreal-paris-true-match-tou-magi-conceal-rporc-c1/invt/598127/&bklist



(I got a picture offline for this one as my one is the old one and the packaging has changed)



So overall, if you can't already tell I prefer the drugstore concealer:),I think its is just that little bit better and then being half the price helped me make my mind up!;)

Any comments or question do leave below and I will be sure to reply!:)
Thankyou so much for reading this:)
Amber x

2 comments:

  1. Hi lovely, great post.

    Lovely blog, I'm following you on GFC.
    Would love it if you checked mine out and maybe follow back if you like it?

    Stay in touch.

    http://beautytricks1.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,Thanks:)

    Just followed you back,thankyou:) x

    ReplyDelete